22 Winning Literature Essay Topics On Dystopian Novels
Dystopian novels generally involve fictional tales about negative societies, and the way in which the world runs on propaganda. In fact, some of the most important works of the past century have been dystopian novels, including 1984 and Animal Farm, both by George Orwell.
If you need to write a literature essay about a dystopian novel, then you might find the following 22 ideas to be inspirational when it comes to thinking of topics for your own work.
- How important is the graphic use of violence in A Clockwork Orange, and with the novel be as successful if the violent nature with toned down significantly?
- How often does dystopian literature mirror actual events or circumstances within society at the time that it was written?
- Who has been the most important author in terms of dystopian literature?
- Outline and discuss what you think is the most effective dystopian novel of the 20th century?
- What the 1930s the most important era for dystopian literature and novels?
- Why are people so fascinated by dystopian novels?
- Discuss the use of imagery used in a Lord of the World written by Robert Hugh Benson
- Discuss the use of metaphors in George Orwell’s novels
- Discuss the relevance of replacing human characters with animals in George Orwell’s Animal Farm
- Discuss the use of semi-autobiographical content in a dystopian novel of your choice
- What can we learn about the politics of the 1920s and 30s when reading a brave New World by Aldous Huxley?
- Compare and contrast the use of dystopian themes with fantasy ideas in Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell
- Discuss the change in approach to dystopian novels that can be seen throughout the 20th century
- Discuss how accurately dystopian novels depict certain aspects of society and power
- Since 1984 was written, how true have some of the concepts that were discussed within the work become?
- How influential are dystopian novels?
- What impact did Brave New World have when released in 1932?
- What role did the Second World War play on dystopian novels in and around that era?
- Should dystopian novels be taken more seriously when it comes to real-life political debates?
- Discuss the use of propaganda in Fahrenheit 451
- Compare and contrast Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury with 1984 by George Orwell
- What impact has the Internet had on the way that dystopian novels are written, including how they perceive the world and society?