22 Interesting Questions You Can Explore In A Business School Essay
It is worthy to note that committees in business school admissions care about more than just GPA and GMAT scores. In point of fact, more than anything else, they are more concern to know the applicant really well and determine why these applicants must belong in their program.
Due to this, the most outstanding way to sell yourself other than just creating an impressive resume is through composing an effective and clearly conveyed essay. Your piece of work must consolidate all the pieces of your application in business school and formulate an exhaustive picture of who you really are, what you can bring to the table and what you have already done.
In addition, it is essential to fill your written discourse with a lot of real-life examples. Other than broad summaries as well as general claims, clear details and specific anecdotes can absolutely produce much greater impact. It also helps to show vulnerability or establish a sense of humor; it is all right to demonstrate this as this only conveys that you are a real person. You can also reveal that you are the can-do type of person and that you are proactive. Keep in mind that business schools prefer leaders not applicants who are already content with following the majority.
Here are some business school essay questions:
- Describe a valuable achievement and why it makes you proud.
- Describe a situation in which you led a team. What challenges did you encounter and how did you surpass them?
- Describe an experience that has significantly changed the way you perceive the world and how this changed you.
- Introduce or describe yourself to your MBA classmates.
- What skills you still lack to accomplish your stated goals. Cite how the MBA or school will allow you to acquire each of this expertise?
- Describe your reason as well as specific career aspirations in pursuing an MBA.
- Discuss a non-academic personal failure. What did you learn from it?
- If you could pick one song that accurately expresses who you are, what is it and why?
Who do you most admire?
- What do you see yourself doing professionally upon graduation?
- Our business school is a diverse environment. How will your experiences contribute to this?
- Describe a personal accomplishment that has had a remarkable impact on your life.
- Describe a difficult decision you have already made and why you regard it as challenging.
- Why pursue a dual degree or an MBA at this point in your life?
- Tell us about your future plans and your path to business school. How will our school experience assist you along this journey?
- What matters most to you, and why?
- Why did you choose our school?
- What is your most significant leadership experience and the role you played here. How will that experience contribute to the learning environment in our school?
- How have you grown in the past? How do you intend to grow in our school?
- Please explain why this program is right for you.
- What do you expect to achieve both personally and professionally from this institution?
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve received?